The Gosnell story hasn’t been hidden to people who follow pro-life issues. I’ve been aware of it for months, in a vague way. It melded with my general awareness of other stories: about other unsafe abortion clinics, about Planned Parenthood‘s choice not to report that a child is a victim statutory rape when a young teen comes for an abortion, about the need of 5-8% of women for surgical intervention after RU-486 abortions.
In short, it joined the list of stories about the impact of the abortion industry on the health of the women who use it — what should really be called “reproductive health.”
My aha! moment came when the some mainstream media did start to report on the story after the flood of tweets and posts calling attention to the “blackout” of the trial and horrific details of the crime by the mainstream media.
- Dr Kermit Gosnell: truly horrifying allegations of the murder of babies that the US media are playing down (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Why Dr. Kermit Gosnell’s Trial Should Be a Front-Page Story – Conor Friedersdorf – The Atlantic (theatlantic.com)
- Breitbart.com AWOL on Gosnell for Past Two Years, Suddenly Dozens of Posts (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Gosnell Wikipedia entry considered for deletion: ‘A local multiple-murder story … nothing more’ (twitchy.com)
- Kermit Gosnell Trial: Doctor Charged in Eight Deaths From Abortion “House of Horrors” (thehollywoodgossip.com)